Sunday, February 16, 2014

Reading (9-12) Common Core Found Poem



Reading (9-12) Common Core Found Poem

Analyze, Determine, READ

Text can manipulate time
Or create mystery, tension, or surprise

An author draws on and transforms
Determine the meaning of the words

Analyze multiple interpretations
Their point of view or purpose

Documents of significance?

Address those themes, concepts and figurative meanings
Identify false or fallacious reasoning
Clear, convincing, and engaging

Evaluate your reasoning
Where does the text leave matters uncertain?

Satire, sarcasm, or understatement
Cite and comprehend

Independently
Proficiently

What is stated?
What it meant?

Find specific word choices on meaning and tone. 

How does an author use word choices to advance the purpose?

Style and content
Themes and concepts

Nonfiction
Fiction

Shakespeare 

Beauty of the text
Analyze a complex set~

4 comments:

  1. Danielle,

    Your background is awesome--I really want to own those funky crayons! I really enjoyed your poem and your style. I think it is awesome that you set it up using a question and answer style. Nice work!


    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with amanda I really like the question and answer format of this poem. What I find most impressive is that you managed to use that format so well that it didn't feel obtrusive, it felt right. Very cool! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your poem and the use of questions through out the poem. Your use of the key words is awesome and this is very enjoyable. I also like that you included "beauty of the text".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too liked the question and answer style, and I also liked how some of the poem seemed to have a really loose rhyme scheme (slant rhyme). It made it flow.

    ReplyDelete